Internships give students the opportunity to apply what you have learned in the classroom with work experience in a real-world environment. They allow students to try out a variety of career options and gain professional experience that will be helpful in obtaining a job after graduation. The timing and duration of internships can vary widely from programs you complete over the summer to part-time experiences throughout your academic career.
The College of Earth and Mineral Sciences uses the eCareer system, a free online job search system that lists current engineering co-op, internship, and entry-level full-time opportunities at hundreds of companies and government agencies across the country and around the world. Visit the eCareer website.
- Job descriptions are posted by employers seeking Penn State students or graduates and are reviewed and pre-approved by eCareer staff to ensure their technical relevance.
- Through eCareer, students can use eCareer to view information about on-campus recruiting (interviews), available positions (for employers not coming to campus), and employer informational meetings, events, and presentations.
- eCareer is available to all undergraduate and graduate students in the Colleges of Engineering and Earth and Mineral Sciences, as well as recent alums from these colleges.
Internships and Job Opportunities
Each department in the our college has its own process for handling internship and job postings. You should talk to the faculty and staff in your home department for additional information and visit the individual department web sites:
- John and Willie Leone Family Department of Energy and Mineral Engineering Career Services
- Department of Geography Internships
- Department of Geosciences Jobs and Internships
- Materials Science and Engineering Internships and Careers
- Meteorology and Atmospheric Science Jobs
Career Days and Career Services
- Meteorology Career Days
Meteorology Career Days is a departmental career fair. The career fair is designed to expose students at all academic levels (freshman through seniors at the undergraduate level and all graduate students) to the range of career opportunities available to them with a degree in meteorology
- Career Fairs
Students Affairs listing of upcoming career fairs including Fall Career Days, Spring Career Days, Working in PA, and Sustainable Careers.
- Penn State Career Services
The University’s Office of Career Services helps students with career planning and the job search process. They hold free training seminars on resume building and interviewing skills, and they host the annual Career Fair at the Bryce Jordan Center.