As a student, you benefited from the experience and success of those who graduated before you. As a graduate of the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences (EMS) you have the insight, perspective, and experience to become a critical component of the EMS network through the Penn State Alumni Association and our Office of Development and Alumni Relations. Our alumni volunteer their time to support the college in many ways such as those listed below.
- Mentor students in-person or virtually through our Student-Alumni Mentoring Program
- Assist the college with recruiting efforts
- Conducting mock job interviews
- Offering technical expertise and guidance to student groups or teams
- Provide information about internships and job opportunities
- Judging and providing feedback on student design projects
- Sharing your knowledge and experience through special seminars and lectures
- Providing helpful feedback on resumes
- Creating networking opportunities with prospective employers
- Help students decide their major - participate in career discussion panels
If you are interested in further information about any of these opportunities, please complete the form below.