The College of Earth and Mineral Sciences offers a number of weekly and annual lecture series. The department-sponsored lecture series and named lectures are listed below.
Weekly Lecture Series
- ESSC Brown Bag Seminars
Lunch time seminars sponsored by the Earth Systems Science Center (ESSC)
- EarthTalks Seminar Series
The weekly talks feature distinguished researchers and practitioners from Penn State as well as from other universities, government agencies and nonprofit organizations.
- Geography Coffee Hour
Coffee Hour is a weekly lecture hosted by the Department of Geography celebrating interdisciplinary scholarship and collegiality. Topics range from innovations in GIScience, to food security, to land use and justice issues, among others. All members of the Geography, Penn State, and Centre County community are invited to attend.
- Geosciences Colloquium Series
Talks are held at 4:00 p.m. in Room 22 Deike Building
- Millennium Cafe
A weekly seminar hosted by the Materials Research Institute; held on Tuesdays from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Meteorology and Atmospheric Science Colloquiua
The Department of Meteorology and Atmospheric Science colloquia are held each Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters in the John J. Cahir Auditorium (Room 112) in Walker Building
- David Ford McFarland Award for Achievement in Materials Lecture
- G. Albert Shoemaker Lecture Series in Mineral Engineering
- Nelson W. Taylor Lecture in Materials
- Peter Given Lectureship in Coal Science
- Richard E. Tressler Lecture in Materials
- Tarbell Lecture in Meteorology
- W. John and Gail M. Hussey Commemorative Lectureship in Meteorology