The College of Earth and Mineral Sciences offers a vigorous graduate education with some of the top researchers in the nation. Thank you for considering us for your graduate education.
All interested students must apply to The Graduate School.
Visit The Graduate School for information on how to apply to Penn State.
Admission is granted jointly by The Graduate School and the academic program to which you are seeking admission. Each program has its own procedures for evaluating applications. The programs recommend admission to The Graduate School, and The Graduate School, in turn, monitors procedures and minimum requirements and makes the final decision on your admission.
Applying to EMS Graduate Programs
Application deadline for programs in our college may differ from The Graduate School deadlines. Different graduate programs have different application processes so please visit the department site for specific application details. Apply to the department where you would like to study.
- Graduate Programs in Energy and Mineral Engineering
- Graduate Programs in the Department of Geography
- Graduate Programs in the Department of Geosciences
- Graduate Programs in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Graduate Programs in the Department of Meteorology and Atmospheric Sciences