The Earth and Mineral Sciences EXposition (EMEX) is the College’s annual student-run Open House. All high school students, current Penn State students, and transfer students who are considering an EMS major are invited to attend.
EMEX was held on March 26-27
Faculty, staff, students and alumni were available to answer questions about EMS majors, curriculum requirements, career opportunities, student life, and special features of the college. You can take the virtual tours linked below.
Agenda for Achival Purposes (Download Agenda)
Agenda for March 26th 6 – 9 p.m. (EST)
- 6 p.m.: Welcome to the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences (EMS) session! Hear from faculty, staff, and students.
- 7:30 p.m.: Visiting students will meet with current EMS undergraduate students. This session will give students the opportunity to meet with EMS students and engage in small group social activities.
- 7:30 p.m.: Visiting parents will attend a session with the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education, academic advisers, student leaders, and alumni. Session will include time for Q&A.
Agenda for March 27th 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. (EST)
- 11 a.m.: Welcome to EMS session. Hear from the dean of the college, department faculty, EMS Student Council, and EMS Office of Educational Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Noon: Graduates of Earth and Mineral Sciences (GEMS) panel and Q&A. Hear from our outstanding alumni and learn about their experiences.
- 1 p.m. EMS Departmental sessions
Visit with the department that offers your intended major. Hear from our faculty and ask any questions you may have about your intended major.
- 2:30 pm Live tour of the EMS Special Living Option, Irvin Hall.
- 3:00 pm Live tours of departmental facilities. Tours led by EMS Ambassadors.
Please contact Stacy Davidson (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any quesions.