The college-wide members for the non-tenure-line faculty promotion committee for 2020-21 are listed below. Members serve one-year terms (and can serve repeated terms).
- Ryan Baxter – Associate Teaching Professor, Geography (Chair)
- Barbara Arnold – Professor of Practice, Energy and Mineral Engineering
- Tanya Furman – Research Professor, Geosciences
- Natasha Miles – Associate Research Professor, Meteorology and Atmospheric Science
- Kai Wang – Assistant Research Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
- Tim White – Research Professor, Institutes
Department/Insitute Promotion Review Committees
Each of the academic departments has its own non-tenure-line faculty promotion committee to whom candidates present their case for promotion. The Institutes have combined to form their own non-tenure-line promotion committee.
For the senior ranks, the Department/Institute NTL Faculty Promotion Committee reviews and recommends an individual for promotion. The departmental head or institute director then forwards the dossier to the college-wide NTL Faculty Promotion Review Committee. The recommendations of the department/institute committee, department head/institute director, and college review committee are then forwarded to the dean for a decision.