Graduate education and research are among the foremost functions at Penn State. They constitute a dominant force in maintaining the vitality of scholarly inquiry and intellectual achievement in the University community. Ultimate responsibility for all matters pertaining to graduate education and graduate research rests with the Graduate Faculty, whose authority is vested in the Graduate Council. Among the duties of Graduate Council is to establish general policies and procedures pertaining to graduate programs and graduate research within the University.
- Nasim Alem, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering; email@example.com (Term: 2023-26)
- Kenneth Davis, Professor of Atmospheric and Climate Science; firstname.lastname@example.org (Immediate Past Chair: 2023-2024)
- Matthew Fantle, Professor of Geosciences; email@example.com (Term: 2023-24)
- Joshua Inwood, Professor of Geography and African American Studies; firstname.lastname@example.org (Term: 2022-25) (on sabbatical in Fall 23)
- Hojong Kim, Associate Professor of Materials Science and Engineering; email@example.com (Alternate for 2023-26) (serving in place of Joshua Inwood in Fall 23)
- Mohammad Rezaee, Assistant Professor of Mining Engineering; firstname.lastname@example.org (Alternate for 2023-26)
Learn more about Penn State's Graduate Council.