The Fixed-term (FTF) Faculty Promotion CommitteeFaculty Promotion Committee college-wide members for 2020-21 are listed below. Members serve one-year terms (and can serve repeated terms).
- Chad Bahrmann – Assistant Research Professor, Meteorology and Atmospheric Science
- Ryan Baxter – Associate Teaching Professor, Geography
- Mark Fedkin – Assistant Teaching Professor, Energy and Mineral Engineering
- Doug Miller – Research Professor, EESI
- Shunli Shang – Research Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
- Tanya Furman – Research Professor, Geosciences
Department/Insitute Promotion Review Committees
Each of the academic departments has its own FT Faculty Promotion Committee to whom candidates present their case for promotion. The Institutes have combined to form their own FT Faculty Promotion Committee.
For the senior ranks, the Department/Institute FT Faculty Promotion Committee reviews and recommends an individual for promotion. The departmental head or institute director then forwards the dossier to the college-wide FT Faculty Promotion Review Committee. The recommendations of the department/institute committee, department head/institute director, and college review committee are then forwarded to the dean for a decision.