Wilson travel funds are intended to facilitate faculty travel associated with enhancing research and scholarship opportunities. Special emphasis is given to travel that may launch "high risk, high reward" new research or scholarly activity. Award recipients will receive up to $4,000 from the Matthew J. Wilson, Jr. Trust Fund for Faculty Enrichment.
Funds may be used to develop new research initiatives, to disseminate research in key venues, and to represent the department/college/university at meetings of important professional organizations. Special emphasis is given to travel that may launch "high risk, high reward" new research or scholarly activity. In that vein, travel may be to a conference on the research topic, to a workshop conducted by a funding agency, to a potential collaborating institution, or to collect field data or samples. The award must be spent within six months and any unspent balance will be returned to the fund for reallocation.
Proposals may be submitted at any time and should include:
- Title page including name, rank, department or institute affiliation
- Summary of research concept, limited to one page and written for nonspecialists
- Short vita, including relevant experience and publications
- Proposed travel budget
The proposal should be submitted electronically to Diane Ault (email@example.com).
Proposals will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- The innovativeness of the concept
- The scientific and/or technical merits
- Prospects for the development of a long term scholarly activity
- The reasonableness of the budget
Awards will be announced on a monthly basis.
The following EMS faculty members have received the Wilson Travel Grant:
|2018 - 2019||
|2017 - 2018||
|2016 - 2017||
|2015 - 2016||
|2014 - 2015||
|2013 - 2014||
|2012 - 2013||
|2011 - 2012||
|2010 - 2011||
|2009 - 2010||
|2008 - 2009||
|2007 - 2008||