Created in 2020, the Postdoctoral Excellence in Research Award honors EMS postdoctoral scholars who have excelled in research and expresses the gratitude and appreciation of the college. The recipient shall be honored with a recognition memento and a monetary award at the Wilson Awards Banquet held each spring.
This award is given in recognition of excellence in research represented by a single contribution or a series of contributions around a coherent theme. This award is designed to celebrate postdoctoral scholar’s outstanding achievements in research that has/will impact the field of study.
Annually in September, the dean invites nominations for the Wilson Award for Excellence in Teaching from each department and institute. Reminders are sent in November.
Each department and institute may submit one nomination (submitted by the department head or director) and the nomination packet should include
- Biographical information about the nominee, including list of publications.
- Detailed description of research contribution, the background, the gap of knowledge it strives to fill, and how it advances the field.
- Letter of recommendation, preferably from the current adviser/mentor, describing the candidates career goals and scientific accomplishments
- Recent high-resolution color photograph suitable for the program in jpeg format
The nomination materials should be submitted electronically to Diane Ault (email@example.com) no later than February 15.
- EMS full-time, postdoctoral scholar.
- The nominee’s advisers must hold their primary appointment in the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences.
Please note that your nominations should be submitted electronically to Diane Ault at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a recent high resolution color photograph suitable for the program in jpeg format.
EMS Energy Institute
- 2021: Joshua Garber, Geosciences; and Yang Liu, Materials Science and Engineering