This award was created to honor and to recognize a graduate student in the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences who has performed his or her responsibility as a graduate teaching assistant in an exemplary manner and has been named teaching assistant of the year in his or her department.
The recipient will be honored with a recognition memento and a monetary award at the Wilson Awards Banquet held each spring.
Annually in December, the dean will invite nominations for the Schenck Teaching Assistant of the Year Award from each department and institute. Each department and institute may submit ONE nomination and the nomination packet should include:
- Letter highlighting the individual’s accomplishments as a teaching assistant; and
- Recent color high-resolution portrait photograph
The nomination materials may be submitted electronically to Nichole Schlegel (email@example.com) or sent to the Dean’s Office in 116 Deike Building by no later than February 15. One recipient for the college shall be selected by the dean.
- 2016: Qian Sun, Energy and Mineral Engineering
- 2015: Nicholas Holschuh, Geocsciences
- 2014: Anna Domask, Materials Science and Engineering
- 2013: Max Christie, Geosciences
- 2012: Nicole J. Lalibert, Geography
- 2011: Clayton P. Barrows, Energy and Mineral Engineering
- 2010: Destiny D. Aman, Geography
- 2009: Brian Le Vay
- 2008: Prasanna Chidambaram, Energy and Mineral Engineering
- 2007: Kari Jensen, Geography
- 2006: Amy Huff, Meteorology
- 2005: David Jansson, Geography
- 2004: Sara Bier, Geosciences
- 2003: Eric Wolfe, Energy and Mineral Engineering