Impact, the magazine of the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences, is published twice a year online. Read for college news, the latest research discoveries, stories about outstanding alumni and students, and more.
Contents include features about each of our five departments, science snapshots, engaged students, around the college, faculty notes, and alumni accolades.
- Penn State EnvironMentors team wins first place in national competition
- EMS Connect builds bridges for students
- New club, Women in Materials Science, strengthens ties among women in STEM
- Five named NOAA Hollings Undergraduate Scholars
- Seven students garner NSF Graduate Research Fellowships
- Graduate poster competition and recognition event
Around the College
- Keller wins Breakthrough of the Year award
- Weather World broadcast now available for livestreaming
- Warren M. Washington Building
- Mathematical geosciences conference focuses on food, energy, water nexus
- Online Geospatial Education celebrates twenty years
- Museum director takes over with eye on expansion
- Mann awarded the 2019 Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement