The 2009 GEMS Showcase Event consisted of two panels. The first one featured causes and mitigation of climate change and the second one featured the impacts of and adaptation to climate change.
GEMS Panel I, "Causes and Mitigation of Climate Change," was held from 1:00-3:00 p.m. and featured the following speakers:
- Andrea Denny, EPA
- Christopher Steuer, ICF International
- Andrew Carleton, PSU
- Brandi Robinson, Environmental Credit Corporation
Petra Tschakert, a faculty member in Penn State's Department of Geography, served as the moderator.
Panel II: Impacts of and Adaptation to Climate Change
GEMS Panel II, "Impacts of and Adaptation to Climate Change," was held from 3:00-5:00 p.m. and featured the following speakers:
- Andrew Comrie, University of Arizona
- Larry Kalkstein, University of Miami
- Greg Knight, PSU
- Robin Leichenko, Rutgers
- Bill Solecki, Hunter College, CUNY
Robin Shudak from Catzeye Studio served as the moderator.