Starting fall 2020, the college will be hosting numerous celebratory events to commemorate the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences' 125th anniversary and they will be posted below when details are confirmed. Please check back often as this page will be updated frequently.
Upcoming 125th Showcases, Open Houses, and Tours
- Oct. 22, 2021: Ryan Family Student Center Welcome Home
Event will be held in conjunction with Homecoming annual parade watching gathering
- Oct. 28, 2021: Geosciences Facilities Showcase
2:00 p.m. - Opening ceremony, a dedication of the Deines Lab. This will take place in the basement lab of Deike Building. Also showcasing the other new labs in the basement of Deike.
- Oct. 29, 2021: Materials Research Institute Facilities Showcase
9 - 11 a.m. - Guided tours of the Materials Research Institute, Millennium Science Complex. (Muster location, MRI Entrance to the MSC Building)
- Oct. 29 - 30, 2021: Joel N. Myers Weather Center
Friday reception and Saturday breakfast/brunch - more details to come.
- Oct. 29 - 30: EMS Museum and Art Gallery
The gallery is going to be used by Lee Kump for meeting, greeting, and taking photos with the Fellows as the check in; Will be open during the Crescendo Weekend Friday and Saturday to the public.
- Oct. 30, 2021: Ryan Family Student Center Facilities Showcase
9 - 11 a.m. - open house for newly-renovated RFSC, will showcase expanded services, etc.
- Oct. 30, 2021: John and Willie Leone Family Department of Energy and Mineral Engineering Facilities Showcase
9 - 11 a.m. - Tours to include 7,9,12A, 27, 31 and 209 Hosler Building. Tours outside of EMS core include 111 Research West, Karpyn, Shi, Wang and Karamalidis labs. Students willassist in running tours. Also a Sneak Peek at the Upcoming Hosler Renovation: new facilities and new research possibilities: posters of architectural drawings and future plans.
- Oct. 30, 2021: Materials Science and Engineering Facilities Showcase
9 - 11 a.m. - Tours of the Steidle Building
- Oct. 30: Earth and Environmental Systems Institute Facilities Showcase
1 - 3:00 p.m. - Showcase the renovated space on the second floor of the EES Building and share plans for remodeling the suite on the third floor as a collaboratorium, the Joint Energy Water an Environment Laboratory (JEWEL).