The Fixed-term (FT) Faculty Promotion Committee college-wide members for 2017-18 are listed below. Members serve one-year terms.
- Chad Bahrmann – Meteorology and Atmospheric Science
- Justine Blanford – Geography
- Maureen Feineman – Geosciences
- Gregory King – John and Wilie Leone Family Department of Energy and Mineral Engineering
- Doug Miller – Institutes FT Promotion Chair
- Yi Wang – Materials Science and Engineering
Department/Insitute Promotion Review Committees
Each of the academic departments has its own FT Faculty Promotion Committee to whom candidates present their case for promotion. The Institutes have combined to form their own FT Faculty Promotion Committee.
For the senior ranks, the Department/Institute FT Faculty Promotion Committee reviews and recommends an individual for promotion. The departmental head or institute director then forwards the dossier to the college-wide FT Faculty Promotion Review Committee. The recommendations of the department/institute committee, department head/institute director, and college review committee are then forwarded to the dean for a decision.