College of Earth and Mineral Sciences (EMS) undergraduates do you want to learn about career paths, professional fields, and educational options from alumni working in your field of interest? If yes, the EMS Mentoring Program is for you. The Mentoring Program was created to help our undergraduates succeed, prepare them for their professional careers, and become active EMS alumni. The program allows students to explore topics like internships, career planning, college to career transition, and leadership development with an alumni mentor. EMS has students and alumni from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, talents and interests. The program leverages this diversity, and provides students with a broader perspective on career choices by pairing them with mentors that complement their interest, discipline/major, and professional aspirations.
Goals of Program
- Provide a fulfilling opportunity for students to learn about career paths, professional fields, and educational options from alumni working in their field of interest
- Provide a fulfilling opportunity for alumni to be involved with the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences by sharing their knowledge and experience with our students
Do you want to be part of the Mentoring Program?
All students in the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences in good academic standing are eligible to participate in the mentoring program. Preference will be given to students who will be beginning their junior or senior year at the start of the mentoring relationship in the following fall semester. However, all students are welcome to apply, and may be accepted if they show a high degree of certainty in their major and are making significant academic progress. To learn more see the links below:
- Student Mentoring Program Guidelines
- Apply to Become a Student Mentee (Application period closes on December 17, 2021)
- Download Student Mentoring Handbook
Get More Information
If you have any questions regarding the EMS Mentoring Program, please contact program chair Karen Marosi by telephone at 814-863-9691 or by email at email@example.com.