The goal of the EMS Research and Travel Support (RTS) Program is to support investigators in covering expenses associated with gathering data, purchasing materials and small equipment not otherwise available, piloting efforts leading to small research projects, traveling for research, disseminating research in key venues, acquiring professional services, or otherwise enhancing research activities and collaborations.
Awards for research activities and travel are up to $3,000. Awards are disbursed on a first come, first served basis until funds are depleted. NO department/institute match is required; however, if a match is available, it may increase the chance of funding.
Computers and peripherals are generally used for various activities such as instruction, research, administration, and personal use. Therefore, awards for computer purchase/replacement are limited to $1,000. Our budget currently provides for this amount of funding toward one new computer for each eligible faculty every four years, on average.
- Full-time EMS faculty members, except those with discretionary funds available to pay for expenses incurred in support of professional activities (e.g., startup funds, endowed professor and chair positions, special faculty support funds or awards).
- Only one application per faculty member, per award cycle.
- A faculty member may not receive RTS funding in consecutive years.
- All monies awarded, and equipment purchased with the awards, are intended for the conduct of research by members of EMS at University Park and are not transferable to another campus, college, or university.
- Funding should not go towards course development, salary supplement, or administrative support for research in general.
- Requests must be completed and submitted PRIOR to travel, purchase or research activity.
- Requests may be submitted at any time through the InfoReady website https://psu.infoready4.com/
- Application materials include:
- Requested amount
- Results and/or benefits from prior Research and Travel Support (if applicable)
- Description of how the funds will be used to benefit the faculty member’s scholarship of research (1 page maximum).
Requests will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Soundness and suitability of request
- Potential impact on scholarship of research, innovative research activities, attracting external funding, enhancing research collaborations (Does not apply for computer replacement requests)
- Availability of funds
The following EMS faculty members have received funding:
|2022 - 23||
|2021 - 22||
|2020 - 21||
|2019 - 20||
|2018 - 2019||
|2017 - 2018||
|2016 - 2017||
|2015 - 2016||
|2014 - 2015||
|2013 - 2014||
|2012 - 2013||
|2011 - 2012||
|2010 - 2011||
|2009 - 2010||
|2008 - 2009||
|2007 - 2008||