Incoming first-year students in the College of EMS board a bus for the beautiful Lake Raystown Resort, 50 miles from the Penn State University Park campus.
Students will lodge with 4-5 other students in cabins, which are complete with clean linens, private baths, and cooking facilities.
Over the four days, students will enjoy cookouts and campfires, and have the opportunity to:
- Meet fellow first-year students - make friends before your classes begin!
- Get to know faculty members on a first-name basis
- Develop creative problem solving skills through team activities
- Network with current students, faculty, staff, and alumni
- Enjoy the thrills of a water park during the hot days of August
Students will return to campus early afternoon on Friday, August 18. By attending TOTEMS, these students will be ahead of the curve having already moved in and made several new friends, including professors! The college will provide food, accommodations, and transportation, as well as admission fees to the water park and the cost of any activities while on the retreat.
Cost: We ask only for a non-refundable $100 fee to help defray the cost of the lodging. Deadline is July 16, 2017. Payment accepted by credit card.